On my quest to get a portable and fully usable computer running, I discovered a cool little feature bundled in LinuxLive USB Creator. It essentially lets you make a Portable Virtual Machine out of your bootable USB linux so you can boot it while in Windows. It’s a goofy looking program but it is dead simple to use and works fantastic for setting up a bootable key.
Download LinuxLive USB Creator and install it.
Start LinuxLive USB Creator from your Start Menu -> All Programs -> LinuxLive USB Creator
Creating a Linux Live USB
- step 1: choose a USB key or drive in the list
- step 2: select an ISO file or a CD
- step 3: choose the size of persistent data
- step 4: check the options you want
- step 5: click the lightning button to start the creation
Traffic light state:
- Red light: the step has not been carried out correctly, you cannot start creating a Live USB key
- Orange light: there is a non blocking problem during this step, you can still start the creation
- Green light: everything is fine